Personal Lines Department Assistant – Menasha
Join Our Team!
The Department Assistant supports department efficiency and compliance by providing overall clerical support to the team as well as to the agency. The Department Assistant operates as a resource to support the organization in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities through the tools and methodologies contained in The McClone Way to enable optimal services to be delivered to our clients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing tasks in a proactive, timely, effective, and friendly manner
- Works proficiently and independently in all client management database activity (TAM), to include strong documentation of any paper trails and customer interactions
- Manage workflow through customer management database (TAM); activities entered and workflow documented while meeting all service standards outlined in the McClone Way
- Handles and stays current on interactive input into carrier’s IT system
- Develop familiarity with various endorsements, renewals, cancellations, applications, forms, and underwriting requirements by completing continuous training from seasoned Account Managers and Account Executives
- Produce auto ID cards, binders, certificates of insurance, and/or other documents as requested
- Process changes requested by banks on behalf of our insureds
- Work directly with insurance carriers to obtain necessary information
- Serves as a back up to the receptionist as needed
- Maintains a friendly working relationship with all carriers and team members
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year of customer support experience is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access files cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (calculator, copy machine, etc.)
- Work takes place in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.