Commercial Lines Department Manager – Menasha
The Department Manager is responsible for driving results within their department, and for McClone as a whole, in a way that ultimately drives profitability and growth. In this role you will focus on improving efficiency, customer satisfaction, and people and process development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Accomplish team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Establish strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Travel several times per month to outlying offices
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years experience in related insurance management or supervisory role is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with capability to convey ideas in concise and logical manner
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access files cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly using hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment (copy machine, label machine, etc.)
- Work takes place in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.