Commercial Lines Department Assistant – Menasha
Join Our Team!
The Department Assistant supports department efficiency and compliance by providing overall clerical support to the team as well as to the agency. This position requires a pro-active approach in supporting processes for new business, renewal business, and customer service while continually touching base with the Account Managers/Executives to determine the proper outcome. As a resource to support the organization in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities through the tools and methodologies contained in The McClone Way you will enable optimal services to be delivered to our customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support the Commercial Lines Department by completing tasks in a proactive, timely, effective and friendly manner
- Work proficiently and independently entering activity in customer management database (TAM), to include strong documentation of any paper trails and customer interactions
- Manage workflow through customer management database (TAM); activities entered and workflow documented while meeting all service standards
- Handle and stay current on interactive input into carrier’s IT system
- Maintain efficient communication
- Develop familiarity with various applications, forms, and underwriting requirements by completing continuous training from seasoned Account Managers and Account Executives
- Assists with industry research, as needed
- Recommend constructive suggestions for improvement of departmental or agency procedures or operational efficiency
- Serve as back-up to other team members
- Serve as a back-up to the organization, such as reception
- Maintain a friendly working relationship with all carriers and team members
- Delegate applicable task work to Administrative Support staff to enable focus on customer service and sales activities
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Minimum of one year of customer support experience is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access files cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (calculator, copy machine, etc.)
- Work takes place in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.