For many years, the construction industry had little guidance in how it should deal with confined spaces. To increase protection for workers, OSHA enacted a confined space standard for construction that became effective August 3, 2015. This new subpart is a comprehensive standard that includes a permit program designed to protect employees from exposure to many hazards associated with work in confined spaces, including atmospheric and physical hazards.
Participants will learn the following from this workshop:
· Hazards associated with work in confined spaces
· Types of confined spaces in construction
· Procedures that must be followed
· Requirements for a written confined space entry program
· Requirements for the confined space permit
· Role & responsibilities of the contractor employer, controlling engineer, and host employer