There’s a direct relationship between an organization’s training programs and its growth, competitiveness, safety record, and financial success. Here are 10 reasons training in general, and safety training in particular, is a good investment:
1. Safety training reduces accidents and protects employees from injuries and illness, saving the company the cost of lost time, diminished productivity, and increased insurance premiums.
2. Training also assists in compliance with OSHA standards and decreases the chance of being cited and fined for safety and health violations.
3. Training in general increases employee job satisfaction, motivation, and morale.
4. Happy, motivated, safe, and well-trained employees are loyal employees, which means turnover goes down.
5. Employee training and development provides you with a pool of skilled and knowledgeable people who can move up in the organization and fill critical jobs and perform critical functions.
6. Training helps your organization ride the crest of technological change and innovation.
7. Well-trained, highly skilled employees are more efficient, productive, and creative.
8. Training helps you manage risks such as sexual harassment, workplace violence, and discrimination.
9. A trained workforce provides the human resources to expand into new markets and seize opportunities in a highly competitive and fluid global economy.
10. Training helps develop a positive organizational culture in which confident, knowledgeable, creative employees are poised to provide superior products and services to customers.
To learn more, contact us today for a listing of OSHA general industry training requirements.